Fresh bass rosin is a necessary Performance Accessory for Arco Bass Play
Carlsson Swedish Double Bass Rosin, Lemur Music A1212.
- Carlsson's is a Hard Rosin used by orchestra pros.
- Its color is dark brown.
- Made in Sweden by the Hart Family for many generations.
- Season for use is All Weather in most climates. Because Carlsson's bass rosin is another of the Hard Rosin Formulas, we sometimes rosin our new bass bows with Carlsson's first, then layer over the top with softer rosin like Pop's. This hard bass rosin under softer rosin combo gives brand new bow hair noticeably better grip much more quickly. Later, The Carlsson's will absorb much of the extra moisture in the Pop's so the remaining rosin in the bow dries more quickly, a real plus in our Bow Trial Room, where quick refurbishing of bows is crucial to accurate, effective testing.
- Other names for this double bass rosin are Carlsson arco bowing rosin, Carlsson bass bow rosin, Carlsson orchestra bass rosin, Carlsson rosin for bass bowing, Carlsson's, blue box bass rosin, kolophonium (in Germany), or colophonium (in France.)
- Carlsson's Package is a metal foil-wrapped cylindrical cake stored in a plastic flip-top storage container.
- Endorsed by orchestra professionals worldwide.