Palm-muted bass tone. Minus the palm.
Free up your muting palm and discover a new path to the old school. The Fump is a simple muting device that slides over the strings against the bridge of your 4- or 5-string electric bass to instantly recreate that sweet staccato sound - without using your palm!
The Fump was born as a natural step following the wild success of ourFretWraps, and from numerous requests from players like you. If you´ve ever stuffed foam under the strings to try to achieve that coveted "old school" muted or upright-like tone, then you might give the Fump a try! While we definitely encourage mastering proper palm muting, the Fump simply opens up possibilities to discover new techniques and gives your hands the freedom to "dig in."
A few things to note:
- Works best when string fingerboard setup has little to no radius
- Takes only a second to slide on or off, unlike the old cut foam solution
- Clips onto your strap or music stand when not in use
- Has no moving parts
- Can be inserted from top or bottom
- Requires only a 1" (2.5 cm) of space between pickup and bridge
- Replaceable muting materials