This pickup sires a tone coveted by all who experience its pronounced midrange scoop and driving timbre of the classic, full-bodied MusicMan range. The specs that go into its design are derivative of the early MusicMan basses, which contribute to its powerful low end, heavy scoop, and present yet pleasant top end. This pickup's 70s inspired tone will provide the player with the sonically encompassing sound of modern Music Man models without any of the clanky sting that is sometimes present in the high end.
- Hum-canceling split coil 4 string Music Man-type bass pickup.
- Drop-in replacement MM bass pickup.
- Available in Alnico III or V magnets:
- Alnico V: all around brighter, punchier, and meaner (Standard).
- Specs include the same wire, magnets, and DC resistance as the classic 70s Music Man design.
- 19mm string spacing standard.
- Available in black plastic covers.
- Laser cut bobbins.
- Wax-potted to contain any unruly frequency that may attempt to desecrate your desired tone.
History: As is the case with all our other historically inspired replacement pickups, the development of the MM4.2 was instigated upon our diligent craftsmen's desire to puncture the sonic space-time continuum, reach through the time warp, and pull that classic 70s tone through to the other side. Carefully reproduced and meticulously refined with history in mind, the MM4.2 stands as proof of our shop's ability to transcend the timeline of frequencies the muse's tonal prospects have come to develop throughout the decades.